Medical Careers/Certified Nursing Assistant
Medical Careers explored through body systems, medical terminology, Basic First Aid, CPR with an emphasis on Nurse Assistant skills and knowledge for certification and work in health care settings.
- High school juniors and seniors only
- Must take both semesters in the same school year
- Fall semester: Foundational basics of C.N.A. role with medical terminology and body systems
- Spring semester: Continuation from the first semester with an emphasis of Nurse Aide Certification process, First Aid and CPR
What does Medical/Nursing offer?
- 70 hours of direct hands-on patient interaction and care in a medical facility
- In-depth knowledge of the human body, diseases, health and healthcare
- Teamwork, closeness, self-discovery, healthcare professional behavior and opportunities
Possible career choices in Medical/Nursing
- C.N.A. (Certified Nurse Assistant)
- Home health aide
- Nursing and all medical careers
Credits Per Semester: 1.5 units
Concurrent enrollment through CCD
- HPR 139- Medical Terminology: 2 credit hours
- HPR 102- CPR/First Aid: .5 credit hour
Course Certifications Available
- First Aid Certification
- CPR for Healthcare Provider
- State Nursing Board
- Approved completion of Nurse Aide program for eligibility of Certified Nurse Assistant test is legally eligible
Currently attending a different school?
Talk to your school counselor about attending CEC part-time for career classes.