Parents have expressed interest in supporting their student via their email, so that they could help them stay on track with assignments or other tasks at school. Following is a click path with instructions on how to forward a copy of your student’s email to your inbox. Then you will be able to see the same communicaiton that they receive from their teacher or school and determine how to best support them. One helpful tip is to set up a regular time to discuss email, so that they can build a habit of setting time aside to manage their inbox.
1. The first step is to have your student log into their DPS Google email account and click on the gear icon located in the upper right hand corner of the page. (highlighted in pink)
2. Click See all settings
3. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP located in the tabs at the top of screen.
4. Click Add a forwarding address
5. Type in the address you would like the emails forwarded to.
6. Click Next
7. A small box will appear on your screen asking you to confirm. Click proceed.
8. A confirmation box will appear. Click ok.
9. Next, click on the button to enable the forwarding to occur and ensure your address is in the dropdown menu.
10. Click Save Changes. And now all emails sent to your student will also forward to your email account.
11. That’s it. You’re done.
** Best experienced in Full Screen (click the icon in the top right corner before you begin) **